The standard TESSELATOR symbol libraries is used to achieve the same "look and feel" as the original TESSELATOR 8000 system.
All existing TESSELATOR compatible keyboards and trackballs could be used as input devices.
By using a standard PC with the Windows 10/7/Vista/XP/2000 operating system the software emulator has the ability to take
advantage of the myriad of peripheral equipment available on the market from third party vendors.
Thus the user is free to select I/O devices such as monitors, keyboards, printers etc, but still keep
the unique TESSELATOR functionality.
The basic TessEm8000 product emulates all the TESSELATOR 8000 "run-time" functions for presentation of process control information on one display (screen).
The following additional options are available:
- Symbol Handling: Includes an enhanced symbol editing and conversion capability and functions to store downloaded symbol libraries.
- Display Edit: Supports all the TESSELATOR 8000 "offline" display editing functionality using standard TESSELATOR keyboards.
- PC Keyboard: The PC keyboard and mouse can be used instead of or as a complement to standard TESSELATOR keyboards and trackballs.
Individual programmable key and mouse sequences.
- Multi-Display: Adds support for one or two additional displays (screens).
- X.25: Adds support for one up to four CCITT X.25/2 LAPB communication channels, each with a maximum communication speed of 8.448 Mbits/s, by using the FarSync X.25 TxU cards from Farsite Communications Limited.
- Graphic Objects: Graphic objects such as points, lines, rectangles, arc, circle segments etc. can be displayed together
with the alphanumeric and graphic symbols on the TessEm8000 screens.
TessEm8000 emulates the following TESSELATOR 8000 systems:
- TESSELATOR 8110
- TESSELATOR 8310
- TESSELATOR 8410
The product TessEm8000 can directly be used together with host computers such as ABB MasterView 810/830/850, ABB DMS, ABB SuperView, ABB SINDAC,
ABB ALSY 235, ABB AccuRay 1190, ABB Transmission HVDC CAS, LinkLaser Process Supervisor, Fisher & Porter DOC or
other systems using TESSELATOR 8000 as graphic operator interface.
Check out the following sections:
TessEm8000 - Improvements versus TESSELATOR 8000!
TessEm8000 - Differences from TESSELATOR 8000!
TessEm8000 - TESSELATOR 8000 Performance comparison!
TessEm8000 - New features under development!
For detailed description of the additional options, general technical data and requirements, see the TessEm8000 data sheet.