The standard TESSELATOR symbol libraries is used to achieve the same "look and feel" as the original TESSELATOR 7000 system. All existing TESSELATOR compatible keyboards and trackballs could be used as input devices.
By using a standard PC with the Windows 10/7/Vista/XP/2000 operating system the software emulator has the ability to take advantage of the myriad of peripheral equipment available on the market from third party vendors. Thus the user is free to select I/O devices such as monitors, keyboards, printers etc, but still keep the unique TESSELATOR functionality.
The basic TessEm7000 product emulates all the TESSELATOR 7000 "run-time" functions for presentation of process control information. The following additional options are available:
- Symbol Handling: Includes an enhanced symbol editing and conversion capability and functions to store downloaded symbol libraries.
- Display Edit: Supports all the TESSELATOR 7000 "offline" display editing functionality using standard TESSELATOR keyboards.
- PC Keyboard: The PC keyboard and mouse can be used instead of or as a complement to standard TESSELATOR keyboards and trackballs.
Individual programmable key and mouse sequences.
- Graphic Objects: Graphic objects such as points, lines, rectangles, arc, circle segments etc. can be displayed together
with the alphanumeric and graphic symbols on the TessEm7000 screen.
TessEm7000 emulates the following TESSELATOR 7000 models:
- DSID 7800 - TESSELATOR 7800 (the basic version with a 16" monitor)
- DSID 7805 - TESSELATOR 7805 (the basic 16" monitor plus additional hard copy capability)
- DSID 7810 - TESSELATOR 7810 (the basic version with a 15" monitor)
- DSID 7815 - TESSELATOR 7815 (the basic 15" monitor plus additional hard copy capability)
- DSID 7850 - TESSELATOR 7850 (the basic version with a 20" monitor)
- DSID 7855 - TESSELATOR 7855 (the basic 20" monitor plus additional hard copy capability)
The product TessEm7000 can directly be used together with host computers such as ABB MasterView 810/830, ABB DMS, ABB SuperView, ABB ALSY 225,
ABB AccuRay 1190, ABB Transmission HVDC CAS, LinkLaser Process Supervisor or other systems using TESSELATOR 7000 products as
graphic operator interface.
The TessEm7000 can also replace a TESSELATOR 8100 system using asynchronous communication with the host computer!
Check out the following sections:
TessEm7000 - Improvements versus TESSELATOR 7000!
TessEm7000 - Differences from TESSELATOR 7000!
TessEm7000 - TESSELATOR 7000 Performance comparison!
TessEm7000 - New features under development!
For detailed description of the additional options, general technical data and requirements, see the TessEm7000 data sheet.